Warm herby salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- rind of 1 lemon
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons olive paste (I like Delmaine kalamata olive pesto)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Chop the herbs just before starting to make this salsa.
2 Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions and garlic until softened. Add the lemon rind and heat for 1 minute. Add the herbs, olive paste and vinegar. Season to taste and heat through.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.2g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1.5g
Perfect to serve with your favourite barbecue steaks, this salsa can be kept warm on top of your barbie. You can add a tablespoon of chopped capers to this sauce, too, if you wish.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us