Welsh rarebit made healthier
Last updated date: 23 February 2022
- 4 tablespoons stout, such as Guinness
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup parmesan, finely grated
- ⅓ cup quark
- 2 teaspoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 x slices of sourdough bread, lightly toasted
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Boil the stout in a small pan until reduced to 1 tablespoon. Mix in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, except the toast. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
2 Heat the grill to medium-high. Spread the cheese mixture over the slices of toast, then grill on a lined baking sheet until golden. Leave for 1 min before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.8g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.