(at time of publication)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon dry ginger
- 4 teaspoons wakame flakes (see tip)
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 6 tablespoons miso paste (we used Fukuyama Japanese Shiro Miso Paste)
- 250g silken tofu, cubed
- 2 cups diced spring onions
1 Boil together water, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, ginger and wakame flakes.
2 Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add bok choy, miso paste and tofu. Simmer for 2 minutes. Do not boil.
3 Garnish with spring onions to serve.
- You can use ordinary mushrooms instead of Asian mushrooms.
- Out of bok choy? Cabbage or kale work well, too.
- Not a tofu fan? For a meatier miso use leftover roasted chicken or turkey instead of tofu.
- Not a tofu fan but want to keep it vegetarian? Use 2 cups frozen shelled edamame (soy beans).
Buy wakame in Asian grocery stores or health food stores.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.