Balsamic lentils with bacon and capsicum
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 rindless eye bacon rashers, chopped
- 5 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Add the bacon, spring onions and capsicum and fry for 6-8 minutes or until softened.
2 Add the lentils and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach, stir to wilt slightly, then add the remaining oil and vinegar. Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle over the chives.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.3g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 4.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us