Stuffed spring capsicums
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ½ cup freekeh, brown rice or farro
- spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 red capsicums, halved lengthwise and cores removed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 cups salad leaves, dressed with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh herbs, eg, thyme, basil or parsley, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook freekeh, rice or farro according to packet instructions.
2 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils, tomatoes and rocket leaves and stir to combine and warm through.
3 Once grain is cooked, add to pan and combine well. Spoon mixture into capsicum halves, reserving any extra filling. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until capsicum is soft and cheese is golden. Serve with dressed salad and garnish with parsley or basil, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice instead of freekeh or farro.
Make it vegan: Use Angel Food parmesan
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)