Stuffed spring capsicums
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup freekeh, brown rice or farro
- spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 red capsicums, halved lengthwise and cores removed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 cups salad leaves, dressed with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh herbs, eg, thyme, basil or parsley, to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook freekeh, rice or farro according to packet instructions.
2 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils, tomatoes and rocket leaves and stir to combine and warm through.
3 Once grain is cooked, add to pan and combine well. Spoon mixture into capsicum halves, reserving any extra filling. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until capsicum is soft and cheese is golden. Serve with dressed salad and garnish with parsley or basil, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice instead of freekeh or farro.
Make it vegan: Use Angel Food parmesan
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information