Beef and bean burgers with mushroom buns
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 400g lean beef mince
- 8 large flat mushrooms, stalks removed, wiped with wet paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 8 slices (80g) Swiss cheese
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon American mustard
- 8 slices canned beetrootbeetsX
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 8 slices pickled jalapeno
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine black beans and beef. Using wet hands, form mixture into 4 patties.
- Place mushrooms on prepared tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with pepper. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying-pan over medium-high. Cook patties for 3 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through to your liking. Place a slice of cheese on each patty and return to oven until melted. Remove from oven.
- Top four mushrooms, stalk side up, with lettuce. Layer on patty, mustard, beetroot, carrot, onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining mushroom ‘lid’, skewer and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
This recipe can be used as part of the Kick-start Plan.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us