Brilliant banana bread
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (eg. olive, canola or rice bran)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 28cm spring form tin or two 22cm loaf tins.
2 In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and oil together until pale and creamy (about 3 minutes on high). Add vanilla and bananas, beat again until well combined.
3 In another bowl, sift togther the baking mix and soda. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the tin/s.
4 Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in tin/s for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Make it gluten free:
Use gluten free flour and check baking powder is gluten free.
Store wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to five days. This bread also freezes well.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)