Spicy tofu with mushrooms and pak choi
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 350g fresh firm tofu, drained and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 200g baby pak choy, halved
- 100g fresh enoki mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil and a handful fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped, to serve
- For the sauce
- ⅓ cup cold vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chilli bean paste
- 1 tablespoon low-salt light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- pinch soft light brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
1 Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, then set aside.
2 Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the rapeseed oil. Stir-fry the shallots for 1 min, then add the tofu. Let the tofu sear and brown for 10 sec on one side, then flip over. Add the rice wine or sherry and the pak choy and toss together gently for 2 min to wilt the leaves.
3 Give the sauce a stir, then pour into the wok and bring to the boil. Add the mushrooms and stir in to wilt.
4 Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with chilli oil, garnish with coriander and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.4g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 3.9g
Last updated date: 13 January 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information