Cauliflower and barley pilaf with smoked fish
- 2 cups quick-cook barley or 1 cup regular barley (see tip)
- spray oil
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 300g smoked fish, flaked
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook barley according to packet instructions. Set aside.
2 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook ginger and spring onions for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add cooked barley, grated cauliflower and curry powder and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3 Add peas and baby spinach and cook until greens are wilted. Stir in smoked fish and half of the coriander. Serve pilaf garnished with yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, chilli and remaining coriander.
For regular barley, simmer for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.