Chicken and noodles with plum sauce
- 400g fresh hokkien noodles
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 400g chicken breast fillet, cut in strips
- ⅓ cup (80ml) plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Prepare noodles following packet directions then set aside. Steam beans, sugar snap peas and broccolini until just tender. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and add oil. Add onions and chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked.
3 Stir through plum sauce, lime juice, noodles and vegetables. Toss to combine. Serve scattered with coriander.
- Use whatever vegetables you prefer, or what’s in season.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and plum sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like