Chunky beef curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 600g lean beef, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 420g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube mixed with 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 x 425g cans new potatoes, drained, halved, or 500g fresh new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat oil and add onion. Cook over a medium heat until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in curry powder and heat for 1 minute.
2 Add beef. Cook, stirring over a high heat, until meat is well coated with spice mixture and browned all over.
3 Add salt, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is tender.
4 Add coconut milk and potatoes. Heat for 5 more minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with mini naan or pita bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.