Chunky beef curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 600g lean beef, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 420g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube mixed with 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 x 425g cans new potatoes, drained, halved, or 500g fresh new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Heat oil and add onion. Cook over a medium heat until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in curry powder and heat for 1 minute.
2 Add beef. Cook, stirring over a high heat, until meat is well coated with spice mixture and browned all over.
3 Add salt, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is tender.
4 Add coconut milk and potatoes. Heat for 5 more minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with mini naan or pita bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.