Chunky beef curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 600g lean beef, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 420g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube mixed with 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 x 425g cans new potatoes, drained, halved, or 500g fresh new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Heat oil and add onion. Cook over a medium heat until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes. Stir in curry powder and heat for 1 minute.
2 Add beef. Cook, stirring over a high heat, until meat is well coated with spice mixture and browned all over.
3 Add salt, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is tender.
4 Add coconut milk and potatoes. Heat for 5 more minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with mini naan or pita bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us