Combination stir-fried rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g instant whole grain rice OR
- 3 cups boiled brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 cups (about 300g) frozen prawns, thawed
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3-4 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or fresh coriandercilantroX
- pepper, to season
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2 Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan for a few minutes. Add capsicum, onion and cucumber to pan. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add prawns and chicken. Stir-fry for 3 more minutes.
3 Add eggs to pan and cook, stirring gently, until just scrambled. Add rice, peas and soy sauce. Stir until eggs are evenly distributed. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs and seasoned to taste.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us