Combination stir-fried riceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g instant whole grain rice OR
- 3 cups boiled brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 cups (about 300g) frozen prawns, thawed
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3-4 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or fresh coriandercilantroX
- pepper, to season
1 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2 Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan for a few minutes. Add capsicum, onion and cucumber to pan. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add prawns and chicken. Stir-fry for 3 more minutes.
3 Add eggs to pan and cook, stirring gently, until just scrambled. Add rice, peas and soy sauce. Stir until eggs are evenly distributed. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs and seasoned to taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information