Creamy baked chicken and corn risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice, heated as directed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 420g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen peas and corn sweetcornXmix, thawed
- 2 bunches broccolini or 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- ¹/³ cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a deep ovenproof pan or casserole dish, heat oil over a medium heat. Stir-fry onion and chicken, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, or until browned.
2 Add rice, thyme, stock, ¾ cup water, soup and vege mix. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cover and transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
3 Remove from oven, stir through cream and parmesan. Season with cracked black pepper. Serve immediately with steamed broccolini on the side.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information