Creamy baked chicken and corn risotto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice, heated as directed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 420g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen peas and corn sweetcornXmix, thawed
- 2 bunches broccolini or 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- ¹/³ cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a deep ovenproof pan or casserole dish, heat oil over a medium heat. Stir-fry onion and chicken, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, or until browned.
2 Add rice, thyme, stock, ¾ cup water, soup and vege mix. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cover and transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
3 Remove from oven, stir through cream and parmesan. Season with cracked black pepper. Serve immediately with steamed broccolini on the side.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us