Crushed butter beans and peas with salmon
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup salt-reduced vegetable stock*
- 1 quantity Herby onion and butter bean mix
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- large handful baby spinach
- small handful fresh mint
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges, to serve
- Herby onion and butter bean mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place salmon in a roasting dish and add half the stock. Cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is just firm and pink inside. Keep warm until ready to use.
2 Meanwhile, place remaining stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add peas, cover, then return to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes until peas are tender.
3 Remove from heat – don't drain the stock – then stir in half the Herby onion and butter bean mix and spinach. Remove half the mixture and use a stick blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
4 Return blended mixture to pan with mint and the remaining Herby onion and butter bean mix*. Add seasoning and mix together. Divide among 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon. Serve with a lemon wedge.
*Herby onion and butter bean mix
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, pumpkin seeds and thyme. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring, until onion is soft. Add butter beans. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
You can also use this mix as a base in these recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us