Citrus hummus pasta with butter beans and spinachReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g packet dried pasta (I used San Remo Wide Lasagne)
- 1 quantity Herby onion and butter bean mix*
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives, halved
- zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- large handful baby spinach
- small handful fresh basil
- *Herby onion and butter bean mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
1 Cook pasta following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain and tip back into pot.
2 Add Herby onion and butter bean mix*, olives, orange zest and juice, hummus and spinach. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes to wilt spinach.
3 Toss through basil leaves then spoon into 4 bowls and serve.
*Herby onion and butter bean mix
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, pumpkin seeds and thyme. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring, until onion is soft. Add butter beans. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information