Chicken korma lettuce cups
- 4 teaspoons korma curry paste
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 500g lean chicken breast, sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 x baby gem lettuce or petite cos
- ¹/³ cup golden sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 x 250g tilda lime & coriandercilantroX basmati rice
- ¹/³ cup crushed cashew nuts
1 Preheat oven grill. In a bowl, add paste and ¾ of the yoghurt and combine. Add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
2 Separate lettuce leaves and then layer to make 4 lettuce cups.
3 Onto an oven tray, place chicken and cook under the grill for 6-7 minutes, turning a few times until golden brown.
4 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Place lettuce cups in serving bowls and divide rice equally among smaller side bowls. Add chicken and salad veges to cups along with sultanas and half of the cashews.
5 Drizzle with with remaining yoghurt and a sprinkling of remaining nuts. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it vegan: Replace chicken with sliced firm tofu or tempeh. Use plain coconut or soy yoghurt instead of dairy yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
You can add a squeeze of lemon juice to the marinade, and you can marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us