Cucumber and pear streusel muffins
(at time of publication)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, plus extra ¼ teaspoon
- ½ cup chopped pecans, plus extra 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 1 large pear, skin intact, grated
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Place the cucumbers in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until almost smooth.
2 Combine flour, oats, spice and pecans with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the centre. Add cucumber to bowl with eggs, pear and yoghurt; mix until all ingredients are moist, then spoon evenly into muffin tin.
3 Combine extra oats, spice and pecans with remaining sugar to make streusel topping; mix well and scatter over muffins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
Make it dairy-free: Swap yoghurt for 50g melted dairy-free spread.
Store muffins in an airtight container in a cool, dry spot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.