Edamame, mint and parmesan dip
(at time of publication)
- 200g frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons ripe avocado
- pinch salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup fresh mint or basil leaves, roughly torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 2 wholemeal pita breads, cut into triangles, sprayed with olive oil and grilled until crispy
- 4 cups celery and carrot sticks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 Place all dip ingredients in a blender and process until roughly mixed. Adjust seasoning. Chill.
2 Serve with pita chips, vegetable sticks and tomatoes.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita breads.
- This dip is best eaten a few hours after it’s made it, as it will discolour overnight.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us