Edamame, mint and parmesan dipReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 200g frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons ripe avocado
- pinch salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup fresh mint or basil leaves, roughly torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 2 wholemeal pita breads, cut into triangles, sprayed with olive oil and grilled until crispy
- 4 cups celery and carrot sticks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 Place all dip ingredients in a blender and process until roughly mixed. Adjust seasoning. Chill.
2 Serve with pita chips, vegetable sticks and tomatoes.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita breads.
- This dip is best eaten a few hours after it’s made it, as it will discolour overnight.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information