Speedy spinach and ham linguine
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 50g linguine or spaghetti
- 1 medium courgettezucchiniX, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g lean ham, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil, plus extra leaves, to garnish
1 Place the stock into a medium saucepan with 1 cup of water. Set over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add garlic clove and pasta. Cook for 8–10 minutes, or until al dente. Add the courgette and cook for 30 seconds.
2 Reserve 1 tablespoon of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta and courgette; return to pan. Discard the garlic. Return the pan to a low heat. Add the spinach and ham, and stir gently until spinach begins to wilt.
3 Whisk the egg yolk, reserved cooking liquid and parmesan together. Add to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the basil and season with cracked black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra basil leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.5g
–Saturated fat 4.0g
Dietary fibre 6.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Baby spinach recipes