Chickpea, roasted capsicum and broccoli pasta
- 240g wholemeal or spelt pasta
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, zested, juiced, plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 200g store-bought roasted red capsicum (not in oil), sliced
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup (80g) reduced-fat ricotta, to serve
1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions or until al dente, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and half the lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chickpeas and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warmed through.
3 Add cooked pasta, broccoli and baby spinach, tossing until combined and spinach is just wilted. Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with dollops of ricotta and remaining lemon zest. Season with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice to taste. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.2g
–Saturated fat 2.2g
Dietary fibre 11.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.