Eggplant parmigiana with basil leaf salad
- 2 eggplantaubergineXs, cut into 3cm slices
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 425g can no-added-salt four bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 700g bottle reduced-salt passata
- 160g fresh reduced-fat ricotta
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 60g fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 60g baby rocketarugulaX, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place eggplant slices on tray and lightly brush with olive oil. Sprinkle over cumin, then bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just softened. Add beans and passata, stirring to combine. Bring to the boil, then remove pan from heat.
3 Transfer cooked eggplant to shallow baking dish. Spoon bean mixture over eggplant and top with ricotta and cheese slices. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with basil and rocket dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.4g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 19.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.