Fish with tropical salsaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 small mango, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juice
- Israeli couscous salad
- 1 cup giant couscous
- ¼ cup liquid no-salt-added chicken stock
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX plus extra, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 125g white fish fillets
- cayenne pepper
- spray oil
1 To make salsa, mix all salsa ingredients together and chill. To prepare couscous salad, bring a pan filled with 2 cups water and stock to the boil. Add couscous and cook for 6-7 minutes. Drain.
2 Place remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Add couscous. Mix honey and orange juice together. Pour over salad. Season to taste.
3 Sprinkle fish with cayenne pepper, spray with oil and cook each side in a non-stick pan for 3-4 minutes. Cool slightly then break into chunks and add to salad. Serve garnished with coriander and a lemon slice if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice or quinoa instead of couscous and check stock and cayenne pepper are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information