(at time of publication)
- 1.2kg washed potatoes, cut in 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 green capsicums, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- ½ cup black olives
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 16 chicken drumsticks (2kg total), skin removed
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Divide between 2 roasting pans.
2 To each pan, add half each of onion, capsicums, garlic, olives, tomatoes and herbs. Toss until combined. Arrange drumsticks over vegetables. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Roast drumsticks and vegetables for 40 minutes. Stir. Bake for 15-20 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with feta and parsley to serve.
Serve as part of this budget dinner party for eight… three courses for under $7 per person!
- $11.36 Ricotta and silver beet triangles
- $25.20 Greek chicken
- $10.08 Roast tomato salad
- $07.92 Mandarin syrup cake
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.