- 1.2kg washed potatoes, cut in 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 green capsicums, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- ½ cup black olives
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 16 chicken drumsticks (2kg total), skin removed
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Divide between 2 roasting pans.
2 To each pan, add half each of onion, capsicums, garlic, olives, tomatoes and herbs. Toss until combined. Arrange drumsticks over vegetables. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Roast drumsticks and vegetables for 40 minutes. Stir. Bake for 15-20 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with feta and parsley to serve.
Serve as part of this budget dinner party for eight… three courses for under $7 per person!
- $11.36 Ricotta and silver beet triangles
- $25.20 Greek chicken
- $10.08 Roast tomato salad
- $07.92 Mandarin syrup cake
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like