Roast tomato salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 punnet (250g) baby Roma or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 large cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, rind, grated, and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt
- lemon pepper
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Top with tomatoes and roast for 10 minutes, or until tender. Cool.
2 Combine lettuce, onion, celery, pine nuts and tomatoes in a bowl, or on a serving platter.
3 To make dressing, combine lemon rind, juice, oil and lemon pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake to combine. Dress salad just before serving.
Serve as part of this budget dinner party for eight… three courses for under $7 per person!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.