Healthy Chinese lemon chicken
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 500g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into thirds
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- Cauliflower rice
- ½ cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- Lemon chicken sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ¼ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 In a medium bowl, combine cornflour and turmeric. Add chicken and toss to coat.
2 In a large fry pan or wok, place oil and set over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches, 8-10 minutes until golden.
3 In a small jug, combine sauce ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken. Add snow peas, broccolini and lemon slices and simmer for 6 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly and vegetables are cooked.
4 To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in a food processor to a rice-like consistency, taking care not to over-process. Transfer to a bowl, add coriander and soy sauce. Serve chicken sprinkled with sesame seeds, on cauliflower rice with extra lemon slices.
Have it your way — serve chicken with brown rice if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.5g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like