Italian-style chicken and borlotti bean stew
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 2 x 75g lean Italian sausages, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 ½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 4 slices grainy bread, warmed, to serve
1 Preheat slow cooker on low heat. Place a large flameproof casserole dish over medium–high heat on the stovetop, or use sear function on slow cooker. Add olive oil and heat. Add chicken and sausages; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic and rosemary; cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
2 Add stock and borlotti beans.
3 Cook on low for 6 hours. Ten minutes before serving, stir through spinach.
4 Divide stew among 4 bowls and serve with warm bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check stock and sausages are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.