Mexican meatball bake
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 250g packet frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup fresh multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g bottle passata
- 555g can reduced-salt baked beans
- ²⁄³ cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 fresh green chilli, sliced
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 160g mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 2–litre (8–cup) flameproof and ovenproof rectangular casserole dish. Combine the chicken, spinach, breadcrumbs, egg white, cumin and garlic in a bowl. Season with cracked black pepper. Roll the meatball mixture into 16 meatballs.
2 Place prepared dish over a medium heat. Spray with olive oil. Add the meatballs; cook, turning, for 3–4 minutes, or until browned. Next pour over the passata and the baked beans, and top with grated cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
3 Top with avocado, sour cream, chilli, coriander leaves and pumpkin seeds. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.1g
–Saturated fat 5.3g
Dietary fibre 10.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.