Mushroom stroganoff with gremolata
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 250g pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Gently fry onion for 2 minutes, or until just softened. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk until smooth. Add to pan, with tomato paste, stock powder and remainder of the milk. Add lentils and stir until heated through and slightly thickened. Add 2–3 tablespoons of water to thin sauce, if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Mix parsley with lemon zest to make gremolata.
- Divide pasta among four bowls. Top with mushroom stroganoff and sprinkle with gremolata. Serve with green beans.
Make it vegan: Use a soy evaporated milk and check stock powder and pappardelle are vegan.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us