- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 400g can kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriandercilantroX, ground cumin and smoked paprika
- spray oil
- 5 large wholemeal tortilla wraps
- ⅔ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar, grated
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for a few min, then add 1 tablespoon water and cook for 5 min or until the onion is soft and translucent and the water has evaporated.
2 Increase the heat to high. Add the mince to the pan and cook until it’s nicely browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the carrots, capsicum, kidney beans, tomatoes and spices, stirring well to combine. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10–15 min or until the sauce has thickened.
3 Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and lightly spray a 25cm round baking dish with oil. Put 1 tortilla on the base of the dish, then spoon over some of the meat mixture. Continue layering up the remaining tortillas and meat mixture, finishing the stack with a tortilla. Spread the yoghurt over the top tortilla, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake the lasagne for 30–40 min or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
Last updated date: 21 June 2022
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.