Oven-baked parmesan chicken tenderloins
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons grated zest of lemon
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 12 (about 600g) chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- olive spray oil
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 8 stems broccolini
- 4 (about 600g) medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 210ºC. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
2 Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, chives and lemon zest and spread over a plate. Place flour on a separate plate. Coat a piece of chicken in flour and shake off excess. Brush with egg, then dip in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on prepared tray and spray lightly with olive oil. Repeat with remaining chicken. Bake for 5 minutes, turn and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave carrot, broccolini and potato (if using) until tender. Serve with chicken.
Crumbing is a great way to use up stale bread. Simply tear up the bread and process in a blender or food processor until fine.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.