Paprika meatballs with cauliflower mash
- 500g lean pork mince
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 700g bottle reduced-salt passata
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250g packet cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, to serve
- 300g steamed green beans, to serve
1 Place mince, breadcrumbs, egg, paprika, fennel and garlic in a large bowl, mixing well to combine. Using clean hands, roll mixture into 12 even-shaped meatballs and spray with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add passata and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Add cauliflower rice and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain, then return to pan. Add table spread and mash well.
3 Divide mash among bowls. Top with meatballs and sauce. Serve with beans and parsley.
Don’t like cauliflower? Combine white potatoes with boiled parsnips or sweet potatoes instead to make the mash.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.9g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 9.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.