Pork enchilada pie
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 350g lean pork mince
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 corn sweetcornXcob, husk discarded, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 420g can no-added-salt three bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 400g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 4 wholegrain tortillas
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¹⁄³ cup (40g) reduced-fat cheddar, grated
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
2 Add capsicum, corn and onion and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add beans, chilli powder, tomatoes and ½ cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavours infuse. Stir in coriander.
3 Spread a quarter of the capsicum mixture over base of a 22cm round ovenproof dish (5.5cm-deep). Top with a tortilla. Repeat layering, finishing with a tortilla. Spread sour cream on top of last tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Don’t have the right-sized pie dish? Use a springform cake pan lined with baking paper, or layer the pie directly onto an oven tray.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.6g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.