Prawn and ginger dumplings with Asian greens
- 250g peeled raw prawn meat
- ½ cup drained, canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX root
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 dumpling wrappers (gow gee)
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 large bunch choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Finely chop prawn meat and transfer to a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, 1 teaspoon of ginger, coriander root and leaves and half the sesame oil, mixing well to combine.
2 Lay wrappers on a clean work bench. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of prawn mixture in centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water, then fold wrapper over to form a semi-circle. Fold and crimp edges.
3 Line base of a large steamer with baking paper. Working in batches, place dumplings in one layer in steamer. Place steamer over a saucepan of boiling water, then cover and steam for 4 minutes or until dumplings are tender and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large wok over high heat. Add sugar snaps and broccolini, stir-frying for 2–3 minutes. Add choy sum and remaining ginger, stir-frying for 1–2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
5 Combine soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl. Divide stir-fried vegies and steamed dumplings among four bowls, then serve drizzled with sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.9g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Prawns, shrimps recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.