Prawn and ginger dumplings with Asian greens
- 250g peeled raw prawn meat
- ½ cup drained, canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX root
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 dumpling wrappers (gow gee)
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 large bunch choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Finely chop prawn meat and transfer to a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, 1 teaspoon of ginger, coriander root and leaves and half the sesame oil, mixing well to combine.
2 Lay wrappers on a clean work bench. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of prawn mixture in centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water, then fold wrapper over to form a semi-circle. Fold and crimp edges.
3 Line base of a large steamer with baking paper. Working in batches, place dumplings in one layer in steamer. Place steamer over a saucepan of boiling water, then cover and steam for 4 minutes or until dumplings are tender and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large wok over high heat. Add sugar snaps and broccolini, stir-frying for 2–3 minutes. Add choy sum and remaining ginger, stir-frying for 1–2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
5 Combine soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl. Divide stir-fried vegies and steamed dumplings among four bowls, then serve drizzled with sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.9g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information