Pork schnitzel with roasted tomato pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped eggplantaubergineX and courgette pieces
- 1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g spaghetti
- 350g pork schnitzels
- sprinkling of dried mixed herbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large ovenproof dish, place vegetables and garlic. Season with black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 7-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add cooked vegetables to the spaghetti pot. Toss and keep warm.
- In a shallow dish, toss pork in mixed herbs and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil over medium. In 2 batches, cook pork for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove pork and add ¼ cup water to pan. Increase heat to high, stirring juices and water for 1 minute, to reduce.
- Add parmesan and basil to spaghetti, stir, then divide among 4 plates. Serve pork on top, drizzled with meat juices.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information