Pork schnitzel with roasted tomato pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped eggplantaubergineX and courgette pieces
- 1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g spaghetti
- 350g pork schnitzels
- sprinkling of dried mixed herbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large ovenproof dish, place vegetables and garlic. Season with black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 7-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add cooked vegetables to the spaghetti pot. Toss and keep warm.
- In a shallow dish, toss pork in mixed herbs and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil over medium. In 2 batches, cook pork for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove pork and add ¼ cup water to pan. Increase heat to high, stirring juices and water for 1 minute, to reduce.
- Add parmesan and basil to spaghetti, stir, then divide among 4 plates. Serve pork on top, drizzled with meat juices.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us