Seared tuna with a spicy rice salad and Asian flavourings
- 4 x 110g tuna steaks
- 4 teaspoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 limes, juice only
- 4 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ¹/³ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra for garnish
- Rice salad
- 2½ cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¹/³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- ¼ cup cashew nuts, crushed, to garnish
1 On a board, place tuna and season with oil, salt and pepper.
2 In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients and mix well.
3 To make rice salad, in a large bowl, mix rice with spring onions, chilli, carrot, avocado and cucumber. Combine lemon juice and zest and oil and stir through salad.
4 In a non-stick pan heat oil over high. Sear tuna for 1 minute on each side. Pour over sauce. Turn tuna once and cook for a further minute. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add a little water to the pan and stir into pan juices.
5 Divide rice salad among four bowls. Slice tuna and serve on top of rice salad. Pour over remaining pan juices. Serve with cashews and coriander to garnish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us