- 1 onion, cut in large wedges
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, cut in large chunks
- 800g lean lamb/hogget shoulder chops or lamb steaks*, fat-trimmed (see tip)
- 4 potatoes, scrubbed, cut in medium-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized piece kumarasweet-potatoX, skin on, cut in large slices
- 4 large wedges pumpkin, skin on
- ½ small cabbage (or ¼ large), cut in 4 large wedges
- 2 packets gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon mustard such as hot English or French mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 Place onion and carrots at bottom of a large slow cooker. Layer lamb, potatoes, kumara, pumpkin and cabbage on top. Pour 1/2 cup water over and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low until vegetables are cooked.
2 Mix gravy mix with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in mustard and rosemary. Remove some of the vegetables from cooker and set aside to stir gravy mix into the liquid in slow cooker. Return vegetables to cooker and cook for 30 more minutes or until gravy has thickened. Season to taste and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free gravy mix and check mustard and dried rosemary are gluten free.
*You can use any meat here — beef, pork or chicken — just be sure to remove excess fat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like