(at time of publication)
- 1 onion, cut in large wedges
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, cut in large chunks
- 800g lean lamb/hogget shoulder chops or lamb steaks*, fat-trimmed (see tip)
- 4 potatoes, scrubbed, cut in medium-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized piece kumarasweet-potatoX, skin on, cut in large slices
- 4 large wedges pumpkin, skin on
- ½ small cabbage (or ¼ large), cut in 4 large wedges
- 2 packets gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon mustard such as hot English or French mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 Place onion and carrots at bottom of a large slow cooker. Layer lamb, potatoes, kumara, pumpkin and cabbage on top. Pour 1/2 cup water over and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low until vegetables are cooked.
2 Mix gravy mix with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in mustard and rosemary. Remove some of the vegetables from cooker and set aside to stir gravy mix into the liquid in slow cooker. Return vegetables to cooker and cook for 30 more minutes or until gravy has thickened. Season to taste and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free gravy mix and check mustard and dried rosemary are gluten free.
*You can use any meat here — beef, pork or chicken — just be sure to remove excess fat.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us