Soba noodle soup with fish and Asian greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 270g pack soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- juice and zest of 3 limes
- 2 red chillies, finely diced (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 700g bag Wattie’s Vitality Mix frozen vegetables
- 2 cups finely sliced green cabbage
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- small bunch coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 17g
1 Cook noodles following packet instructions, drain, toss with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and divide between 4 serving bowls.
2 Heat remaining sesame oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Fry the garlic, ginger, lime zest and half of the chillies for a few minutes before adding the stock and 2 cups of water. Cover and bring to the boil. Add the vegetables and bring to the boil again. Add the fish, cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
3 Spoon the fish soup over the noodles and top with extra chilli, coriander, lime juice and soy sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check soy sauce and stock are gluten free.