Soba noodle soup with fish and Asian greens
- 270g pack soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- juice and zest of 3 limes
- 2 red chillies, finely diced (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 700g bag Wattie’s Vitality Mix frozen vegetables
- 2 cups finely sliced green cabbage
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- small bunch coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook noodles following packet instructions, drain, toss with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and divide between 4 serving bowls.
2 Heat remaining sesame oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Fry the garlic, ginger, lime zest and half of the chillies for a few minutes before adding the stock and 2 cups of water. Cover and bring to the boil. Add the vegetables and bring to the boil again. Add the fish, cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
3 Spoon the fish soup over the noodles and top with extra chilli, coriander, lime juice and soy sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check soy sauce and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 17g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.