Spicy lamb soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste (we used Korean gochujang, see tips)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups roughly chopped gai lan, spinach or silver beet leaves
- 200g lamb leg steaks, cooked medium rare, cooled and sliced (or use extra steak you cooked when making Bibimbap)
- sliced red chilli, to garnish
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 wholemeal pita breads
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Steam or microwave pumpkin until just tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pot, combine miso paste, 2 cups water and chilli paste. Set over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and gai lan and simmer for 2-4 minutes, until greens are tender. Add lamb and cook for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through.
- Divide pumpkin between 2 bowls. Pour over soup and garnish with chilli and coriander. Serve with toasted pita bread.
Make it low FODMAP: Use buttercup pumpkin and a chilli paste without onion or garlic. Use gluten-free bread instead of pita.
If you like it extra spicy, use more chilli paste or Korean gochujang, which you can find at Asian grocery stores. You can also add some of the kimchi ketchup from the bibimbap recipe.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $82. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)