Sumac lamb with corn and chickpea salad
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- olive oil cooking spray
- ChickpeaGarbanzoX salad
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 125g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve*
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Sprinkle both sides of lamb with sumac. Spray lamb with oil.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3 Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
4 To make Chickpea salad, place corn and the remaining ingredients except yoghurt in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve lamb with chickpea salad and yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.