Sweet kumara with mushrooms
(at time of publication)
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil or other oil
- 1 ½ cups Swiss brown mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- fresh basil, to garnish
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Prick kumara several times with a fork, then microwave each kumara on high for 8 minutes, turning once until tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mushrooms and herbs. Cook over a high heat until mushrooms are tender.
3 Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Heat through.
4 Place kumara in oven and roast for 15 minutes until skins start to crisp. Split open and spoon over mushroom and tomato topping. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.