Tangy chicken drumsticks
- Chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons tomato relish
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Quinoa salad
- 1 ¼ cups red quinoa and white quinoa (about ½ white, ½ red)
- 2 ½ cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peppadew peppersbell peppersX, chopped
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- Balsamic tomato and cucumber salsa
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons savoury Mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut balsamic dressing
- lemon wedges
- small fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Trim drumsticks of visible fat. Make several deep slashes in the fleshy end of each. Place drumsticks in a non-metallic bowl.
- In a separate small bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Coat drumsticks. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place marinated drumsticks on a non-stick baking tray with 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 30-40 minutes. (Alternatively, you could cook these on a barbecue.)
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa under running water. In a large pot combine quinoa and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly then add spring onion, peppadews, walnuts and mint. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine all salsa ingredients.
- When chicken is cooked through, serve with quinoa salad and salsa. Garnish with lemon and mint.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information