Thai chicken and vegetable red curry
(at time of publication)
- spray oil, to grease
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g skinless lean chicken breast, cut in 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray a frying pan with oil. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until soft. Transfer to a medium-sized saucepan. Add chicken to pan and brown over a high heat until golden. Add curry paste and stir. Transfer to saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water to frying pan and stir into curry mix residue. Pour into saucepan.
2 Add pumpkin to saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over a medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until pumpkin nearly tender and chicken cooked. Add beans and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until just tender. Add tomatoes, chestnuts and coconut milk and cook for 3 more minutes or until hot. Serve scattered with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.