Thai chicken and vegetable red curryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g skinless, lean chicken breast, cut in 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Spray a frying pan with oil. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until soft. Transfer to a medium-sized saucepan. Add chicken to pan and brown over a high heat until golden. Add curry paste and stir. Transfer to saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water to frying pan and stir into curry mix residue. Pour into saucepan.
2 Add pumpkin to saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over a medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until pumpkin nearly tender and chicken cooked. Add beans and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until just tender. Add tomatoes, chestnuts and coconut milk and cook for 3 more minutes or until hot. Serve scattered with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information