Thai poached chicken
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut in sticks
- 150g snow peas
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded bok choy or other Chinese white cabbage
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place stock, fish sauce, lime juice, chilli, limes leaves and sugar in a pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
2 Add chicken. Make sure chicken is covered with poaching liquid and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Steam or microwave vegetables. To steam vegetables, wrap 4 separate portions of veges in baking paper make parcels. Wrap vegetables securely and place in a colander or sieve over a pan of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
4 Serve chicken on rice with veges and topped with liquid. Garnish with coriander.