Tuna and kumara bake
- 450g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 400g can creamed corn
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place half of the kumara chunks in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Repeat with the remaining kumara. Or cook kumara in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Mash with a fork. Add Tuscan seasoning.
2 Add tuna, corn and peas. Mix together. Stir through pesto. Spoon into a lightly oiled ovenproof dish or 4 individual dishes.
3 Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check Tuscan seasoning, pesto and mozzarella are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us