Tuna and kumara bake
(at time of publication)
- 450g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 400g can creamed corn
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place half of the kumara chunks in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Repeat with the remaining kumara. Or cook kumara in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Mash with a fork. Add Tuscan seasoning.
2 Add tuna, corn and peas. Mix together. Stir through pesto. Spoon into a lightly oiled ovenproof dish or 4 individual dishes.
3 Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check Tuscan seasoning, pesto and mozzarella are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.