Indian-spiced chicken traybake
- 300g pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 300g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 425g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- ½ x 30g sachet low-salt butter chicken spice mix (check it’s gluten free)
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- ¹⁄³ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
- 2 x 250g packets brown, red and wild microwave rice medley, heated, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place veg and chickpeas on prepared tray, gently tossing to combine. Lightly spray with olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place chicken and butter chicken spice in a large bowl, tossing to combine.
3 Remove tray from oven and arrange chicken on top of veg. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
4 Divide chicken among serving plates. Top with yoghurt and garnish with coriander. Serve with warmed rice medley.
Protect your heart!
Eat more veg
Aim for 5+ serves a day to reduce your risk of developing heart disease by 17 per cent.
Choose low-GI carbs
Grainy bread, wholemeal pasta, legumes (lentils, beans and chickpeas) & brown rice are all great choices.
Limit saturated fat
Swap butter & cream for extra-virgin olive oil, avocado & nuts. Use reduced-fat dairy products when possible.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 10.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.