Indian-spiced chicken traybake
- 300g pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 300g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 425g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- ½ x 30g sachet low-salt butter chicken spice mix (check it’s gluten free)
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- ¹⁄³ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
- 2 x 250g packets brown, red and wild microwave rice medley, heated, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place veg and chickpeas on prepared tray, gently tossing to combine. Lightly spray with olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place chicken and butter chicken spice in a large bowl, tossing to combine.
3 Remove tray from oven and arrange chicken on top of veg. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
4 Divide chicken among serving plates. Top with yoghurt and garnish with coriander. Serve with warmed rice medley.
Protect your heart!
Eat more veg
Aim for 5+ serves a day to reduce your risk of developing heart disease by 17 per cent.
Choose low-GI carbs
Grainy bread, wholemeal pasta, legumes (lentils, beans and chickpeas) & brown rice are all great choices.
Limit saturated fat
Swap butter & cream for extra-virgin olive oil, avocado & nuts. Use reduced-fat dairy products when possible.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 10.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.