Turmeric ginger beef bowl
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons grated or minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 250g beef schnitzel
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach or young silver beet leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 beetrootbeetsX, grated
- oil spray
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- chilli sauce (eg. sriracha), to garnish (optional)
- spring onion, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 30g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, place oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger and turmeric and mix well. Add schnitzel, toss to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Prepare all vegetables and arrange in 2 bowls. Divide rice between the bowls.
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook beef for 30 seconds each side. Remove from pan and slice into strips. Add to bowls, along with any juices. Garnish with chilli slices and sauce, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces and ground turmeric are gluten free.
Cook extra rice to use in Roast vege rice salad with sweet miso dressing recipe.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us