Seared salmon bowl with ponzu sauce
- Ponzu sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, sliced into 3 pieces each
- 120g soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 mango, finely sliced or ‘fanned’
- 1 cup podded edamame
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 small carrots, cut into thin ribbons
- ¼ small red cabbage, finely sliced
- 100g rocketarugulaX or spinach leaves
- 2 toasted nori sheets, cut into triangles
1 To make ponzu sauce, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, tamari and chilli.
2 Heat a non-stick frying or grill pan over medium heat. When hot, drizzle with the oil and cook salmon for about 1 minute each side, or until browned and lightly cooked. Cook noodles as per the packet instructions. When cooked, toss with sesame seeds.
3 Evenly divide and arrange all ingredients in bowls, and drizzle with sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28.3g
–Saturated fat 5.3g
Dietary fibre 9.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.