Turmeric ginger beef bowl
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons grated or minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 250g beef schnitzel
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach or young silver beet leaves
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 beetrootbeetsX, grated
- spray oil
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- chilli sauce (eg. sriracha), to garnish (optional)
- spring onion, to garnish (optional)
1 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Set aside.
2 In a shallow dish, place oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger and turmeric and mix well. Add schnitzel, toss to coat and set aside to marinate.
3 Prepare all vegetables and arrange in 2 bowls. Divide rice between the bowls.
4 Spray a pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook beef for 30 seconds each side. Remove from pan and slice into strips. Add to bowls, along with any juices. Garnish with chilli slices and sauce, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces and ground turmeric are gluten free.
Cook extra rice to use in Roast vege rice salad with sweet miso dressing recipe.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.